Website Privacy Notice
Last Updated: March 31, 2023
This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) sets forth how Adelaide Apothecary (“Adelaide”, “we”, “us”, “our”) collects, uses, discloses, and stores the personal information that you give to us. This Privacy Notice applies to the operation of https://www.adelaideapothecary.pharmacy/ (the “Website”) and the personal information that Adelaide may collect relating to individuals who access our websites or otherwise obtain the online products and services we provide (the “Services”).
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or our Services. By accessing or using this Website or our Services, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This notice may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website or our Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the notice periodically for updates.
If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
In some circumstances, our use of your information will be subject to the requirements of the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). For example, if you submit information regarding a prescription order, that information is subject to HIPAA’s requirements. In those circumstances, our Notice of Privacy Practices and not this Privacy Notice will apply.
If you have questions about which policy applies to the information you have submitted, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do update it, it will be made available on this webpage. We will handle your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of collection.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 without parental consent. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect personal information that you provide to us. Such information identifies you as an individual and may include your:
- Date of Birth;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Health and medical information necessary to provide our services to you;
- Comments or feedback that you submit to us through our contact us webpage; and/or
- Any other information that you provide to us.
You provide all such information to us voluntarily and are not required to disclose this information in order to use the Website.
When you visit our Website, we also automatically collect:
- information about your computer operating system;
- your computer browser;
- your internet service provider;
- the websites you have visited before or after visiting our site;
- internet protocol (IP) address;
- your geographic location; and
- the frequency and length of time spent on our website and pages visited.
An IP address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your internet service provider or network. Our website automatically identifies your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
Our Website also automatically collects and places small pieces of information stored on your computer called “cookies” and utilizes “web beacons.”
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed our websites and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. It is possible that this automatically collected information may contain information that could be deemed your personal information.
Use of Information We Collect
We may use personal information collected to:
- provide our services and products to you;
- respond to your requests;
- provide you with information;
- notify you of our products and services;
- deliver coupons, newsletters, and emails about our Services for promotional or marketing purposes;
- improve the content on our websites;
- improve our service;
- for quality and administrative purposes; or
- to operate our business
We may evaluate the information automatically collected from your IP address, cookies, and web beacons to:
- understand how visitors use our websites,
- to facilitate administration and navigation, and
- to compile statistics about usage and response rates of our websites, so that we can improve them and the services offered.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Adelaide’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Adelaide about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Adelaide, our customers, or others.
Unless otherwise stated on the website or in this Privacy Notice, we will not sell or rent your information, unless the business of the Website or a part of it and the data connected with it is sold, assigned or transferred.
Our websites may provide links to or embed third party websites, including social media plugins to enable you to login or share information with us. The operators of these third party programs may be able to recognize you and monitor your use of our site through the placement of cookies or otherwise. Some third party websites or plugins may also be able to share personal information about you through this monitoring. Adelaide does not have any control over these third party operators and provides links to third party websites and social media plugins for your convenience. This Privacy Notice does not apply to those websites or programs. Specifically, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors to our websites engage with our websites. If you would like further information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit Google’s privacy and terms page. We are not responsible for the availability of any such websites, plugins, or programs and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for how these websites, plugins or programs treat your information or the content of such websites.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Control Over Your Data
At any time, you may object to our use or request to update, correct, or remove the information your provided to us by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about your personal information disclosed to use or collected by us, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. If you contact us, please provide the name of the website where you provided the information as well as a proper identification of yourself.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Website to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
Attn: Legal Counsel
160 Moore Dr, Suite 105
Lexington, KY 40503
Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one Shine the Light request per consumer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the e-mail address or mailing address provided in this Policy.